Tuesday, March 10, 2009

scripp's state spelling bee

Sometimes I feel like one of the luckiest people in the world. Saturday was one of those times because I was asked to judge the Utah Valley Scripps State Spelling Bee for the fourth consecutive year. It is an honor and a privelege to watch these amazing kids battle it out for a chance to compete in Washington D.C. If you'd like to see a short sample of the incredible spellers as well as a clip of the championship word, spelled by the winner of the bee, go here! It really is quite impressive.

3 comments:

Larissa Chase said...

That was so fun to watch. I bet judging it was amazing!!

Vocabdiva said...

Stinkin' fun! The diet coke made it even more exciting (and necessary for a mid-Bee bathroom break! :) Let's do it again next year, F-R-I-E-N-D!

Jami said...

How fun! I would love to get to do something like that. So, when do we get to see more of your fabulous pictures? :)