Friday, June 26, 2009

big brothers are good to have

Kenyon has been gone all week to scout camp and today, Kaden and I were on a walk and I asked him if he misses Kenyon. "Ya, kind of...big brothers are good to have," Kaden informed me. I asked him to tell me why it's good to have a big brother and he explained, "Like at swim team in the mornings, Kenyon always shows me where to put my things. This week I haven't known where to put my towel and my swim bag." (Can we say second child syndrome?) Kaden then went on to say, "Big brothers are good to have because they do things and you can watch them and then you can do the same things. It's like having an example. And if they're a good example, then you do good things by following them." So I secretly wiped the tears from my eyes, thinking of my own wonderful older siblings, and quietly agreed with Kaden's assessment. He then brought it right back down to earth, adding, "Plus, big brothers can do all the babysitting while I go play!"

4 comments:

Annette said...

That is so sweet.

Unknown said...

What a great little story. Aren't you glad you went on that walk? I hope you'll scrap that!

He & Me + 3 said...

That is so sweet. I love the two pictures side by side. I only have a little brother, but those are good to have too:)

Andrea said...

That is exactly how I feel! I was second to a big sister and she ALWAYS had to do the babysitting while I got to play!